Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Puppy Love

Do you remember what it feels like to be a brand new quilter...

where inspiration is around every turn of the corner...

and motivation is in abundance?

That's where I'm at right.this.minute.

Literally, I could spend hours reading quilting books on loan from the library, getting lost among bolts of fabric at my local quilting shop, or scouring the Internet for websites that tickle my fancy.

I'm in love.

Kind of like when you're in love at 15...swooning over that boy that sits beside you in math class...stealing glances...writing notes...spending hours on the phone talking about him..or to him...

Quilting is on my mind day and night...and all the hours in between.

The only things getting in the way between learning and practicing piecing are my kids...dishes...laundry...housework...LIFE!

I'm kidding...'cept I'm sort of not.  :)

Yesterday, my husband and I took our kiddos to a movie after school and immediately scenes from the film began to spark my quilting imagination.




This week, my sweet neighbor is going to work with me on my technique to perfect the quarter-inch seam.  Seems that mine are not so straight and that the quarter-inch seam is a necessity to happy and successful quilt making! 

I can't wait!  Caitlin has extraordinary talent and her quilts are beautiful.  She's kind and patient and I know she's going to be an awesome teacher.  Check out her work on her blog  or her Flickr Account.

So, happy Tuesday!  I'm off to throw in a load of laundry and then hit the fabric stores to purchase some cotton goodness to create a new project...a mug rug for a swap!  So very grateful to Caitlin for her continual encouragement and support! 

 








2 comments:

  1. Wow, Valerie! That was quite the shout-out, lol :) I'm excited for us to get started and I know you'll pick it up immediately. Can't wait to see what fabric goodies you pick up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to our world! Can't wait to see what you create... I have a little something to get you started. Need to get together soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by! I love to read your comments. They definitely make me feel "wrapped in love"!